Company president David Easton contacted me to design the startup's website as well as establish branding, social media presence, press coverage and email communication. The primary goals of the marketing overhaul were to establish the company's emerging brand presence, secure a National Science Foundation SBIR grant and attract early adopter clients.
I built a customized website using Squarepace, designed the company's branding, secured national press coverage, designed an email communication campaign and established a social media presence. The National Science Foundation SBIR award was secured and the company is filling orders for early adopters of its technology. I continue to work with the client on an ongoing basis. Email David for a reference.
- Collaborated to secure $740,000 in Phase II SBIR funding from the National Science Foundation. Rebranded the company’s identity, rebuilt a modern responsive mobile-ready website, developed outbound media content and secured press placements to establish the company’s commercialization strategy and secure a successful NSF award.
- Collaborated to secure a second follow up round of $150,000 in Phase IIa TECP funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Secured media coverage and national awards to bolster the company’s progressive image including a 5 page feature in Dwell Magazine, a cover of SNAP magazine by Architectural Record, a Green Builder Hot 50 Editor's Choice Award, an Architizer A+ Award, a Finalist position in SXSW Eco Startup Showcase, a 3,000 word feature on Medium, and placements in designboom, Inhabitat, EcoBuilding Pulse and Architect Magazine.
- Designed email newsletter with an ongoing average click rate of 57% and an open rate of 35%. Campaign includes a custom automated signup welcome email with a click rate of 49% and an open rate of 67%.
- Established business development protocols, implemented Customer Relationship Management, project management and investor relations systems using Streak, developed financial models, partnership analysis, and early adopter tracking.
- Built new website with Squarespace
- Customized CSS
- Website Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for page titles, descriptions, header and body content
- Designed recurring automated email campaign using Campaign Monitor
- Directed on site custom professional photography
- Photoshop for image manipulation
- InDesign for printed promotional materials and executive summaries
- Keynote, Powerpoint and Prezi for presentations
- Wrote 1,200 to 3,000 word stories about the company's technology for national print magazines and online media
- Built and maintained the company's social media presence on Facebook and Twitter