Company president David Easton contacted me to design the website, establish branding, social media presence, press coverage and email communication for Watershed Materials, a sustainable building materials technology startup in California. The primary goals of the marketing overhaul were to establish the company's emerging brand presence, secure a National Science Foundation SBIR grant and attract early adopter clients.
I built a customized website using Squarepace, designed the company's branding, secured national press coverage, designed an email communication campaign and established a social media presence. The National Science Foundation SBIR award was secured and the company is filling orders for early adopters of its technology. I continue to work with the client on an ongoing basis. Email David for a reference.
- Collaborated to secure $740,000 in Phase II SBIR funding from the National Science Foundation. Rebranded the company’s identity, rebuilt a modern responsive mobile-ready website, developed outbound media content and secured press placements to establish the company’s commercialization strategy and secure a successful NSF award.
- Collaborated to secure a second follow up round of $150,000 in Phase IIa TECP funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Secured media coverage and national awards to bolster the company’s progressive image including a 5 page feature in Dwell Magazine, a cover of SNAP magazine by Architectural Record, a Green Builder Hot 50 Editor's Choice Award, an Architizer A+ Award, a Finalist position in SXSW Eco Startup Showcase, a 3,000 word feature on Medium, and placements in designboom, Inhabitat, EcoBuilding Pulse and Architect Magazine.
- Designed email newsletter with an ongoing average click rate of 57% and an open rate of 35%. Campaign includes a custom automated signup welcome email with a click rate of 49% and an open rate of 67%.
- Established business development protocols, implemented Customer Relationship Management, project management and investor relations systems using Streak, developed financial models, partnership analysis, and early adopter tracking.
- Built new website with Squarespace
- Customized CSS
- Website Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for page titles, descriptions, header and body content
- Designed recurring automated email campaign using Campaign Monitor
- Directed on site custom professional photography
- Photoshop for image manipulation
- InDesign for printed promotional materials and executive summaries
- Keynote, Powerpoint and Prezi for presentations
- Wrote 1,200 to 3,000 word stories about the company's technology for national print magazines and online media
- Built and maintained the company's social media presence on Facebook and Twitter