Starting as a volunteer for Inside Books Project, I became a Board Member and worked to advance the nonprofit’s communications and fundraising platform by rebuilding the website, designing branding elements, advancing social media presence and implementing modernized fundraising strategies. Inside Books Project is an Austin-based community service volunteer organization that sends free books and educational materials to prisoners in Texas. Inside Books is the only books-to-prisoners program in Texas, where over 140,000 people are incarcerated.
Through my work in collaboration with the Inside Books Project team, fundraising was increased by 46% and Google For Nonprofits donated a $10,000 per month PPC AdWords campaign.
- Designed a modern responsive mobile-ready website, developed branding content and implemented strategy for SEO.
- Acquired and implemented a $10,000 per month grant from Google For Nonprofits towards AdWords PPC search keyword campaigns
- Increased fundraising donations 46% from 2012 to 2014. Implemented technology to allow direct credit card donations on website, established collaborative donor tracking system and created a regular and recurring donor outreach calendar.
- Secured participation in Amplify Austin, a 24-hour fundraising drive for Central Texas nonprofits. Raised 17% of annual funding needs in one day in 2014.
- Produced custom 28 page informational Resource Guide provided free to prisoners and their families with accompanying web component and donated Google AdWords national promotion.
- Built new website with Squarespace
- Customized CSS
- Website Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for page titles, descriptions, header and body content
- Designed email campaign using MailChimp with direct email signup from website
- Developed fundraising branding for web, email and social media
- Managed $10,000 per month PPC campaign donated by Google for Nonprofits
- Photoshop for image manipulation
- InDesign for custom printed Resource Guide, exporting to HTML and CSS for matching web component