I have a long history with Dripbook – I co-founded the company back when I lived in New York and grew it into an award-winning international portfolio website for commercial artists including advertising photographers, illustrators, designers and stylists. I lead product development and digital marketing and grew the company into profitability with thousands of clients around the world, tens of thousands of portfolios and hundreds of thousands of digital visual assets.
We maintained happy recurring customers and gained new ones through a three-per-year product release cycle and the development of a passionate community of brand ambassadors.
We sold the company to a larger brand in the sector and I’m was lucky to count Dripbook as a continuing client for several years following the acquisition. I was hired to lead up an HTML5 responsive website redesign of a platform with half a million image and video assets.
Developed and commercialized popular products on a three-per-year release cycle including:
- Web based platform that allowed non-technical commercial artists to upload images and video, create portfolios and be hired by art buyers at ad agencies and magazines worldwide
- Mobile Apps for iOS and Android that automatically synchronized to each artist’s portfolio and stored image and video assets locally to allow for network-free display
- Custom Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr Social Media Apps that automatically posted to each artist’s social media feed each time the artist updated her portfolio
- HTML5 responsive redesign of the entire platform resulting in mobile, tablet and desktop ready reinvigoration of a 7 year old platform with 500,000 visual assets
Additional accomplishments include:
- Built social media following to 23,000 Twitter followers and 21,000 Facebook likes
- Awarded ‘Best in Class’ by the Interactive Media Awards
- Awarded ‘Gold Prize’ by the Horizon Interactive Awards
- Project managed development team through a site-wide custom responsive HTML5 redesign
- Wireframed redesign elements, coordinated front-end development with Python based back-end
- Redesigned monthly email campaign with customized responsive Ink framework
- Established platform’s original UX/UI design and creative direction
- Designed and deployed custom iOS and Android Apps, stand-alone synchronized personal websites and custom Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr Apps
- Promoted platform services via advertising channels including Google AdWords PPC, remarketing and direct placement campaigns, Facebook ads and Twitter ads